iPhone 4S data loss is avoidless for most of us, because too many transfer and restore issues may lost iPhone files. This article is going to introduce 4 best Mac iPhone Data Recovery software, you can select any one of them to recover lost/deleted files including photos, contacts, call history, text messages from iPhone 4S on Mac including Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, and Mac OS X.
1. iTunes – Restore iPhone 4S from Old Backup
iTunes is a media player and media library application developed by Apple Inc. It is used to play, Restore iPhone 4S from iTunes Backup Macdownload, and manage iOS-based iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices.
Condition: If you have backed up your iPhone 4S before data lost.
Badness: Restoring backup from old backup will cause current data loss.
Here are steps about how to restore iPhone 4S from iTunes Backup.
1. Right click an iPhone in the sidebar
2. Select “restore from backup”
3. manually pick a backup file to restore
Tip: iPhone backup location on Mac OS: ~Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
2. iCloud - Restore iPhone 4S data from an iCloud backup
iCloud is cloud service done right. It stores your music, photos, apps, calendars, documents, and more.
Condition: If you have resgitered to iCould and backed up your iPhone 4S before data lost.
Badness: Restoring from an earlier backup will revert all data and settings on your phone to those contained in the backup.
How to restore iPhone 4S from iCloud backup:
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings
2. Go through the setup assistant again as you did when your phone was new. During this process you will be given the option to Restore from iCloud Backup. Select this.
3. Connect your phone to your wall charger and make sure it is connected to wi-fi and let it restore. Be patient as sometimes restoring from an iCloud backup can take hours to complete.
3. iTunes Data Recovery for Mac – Extract data from iPhone 4S backup
This is a 3rd party software which supports extracting files from iTunes backups for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS. You are allowed to preview all lost files including contacts, photos, text messages before recovery.
Condition: If you have backed up your iPhone 4S in iTunes before data lost.
Goodness: You can extract any needed files from backup and recover them without reverting your current iPhone 4S data and settings.
Simple steps to extract data from iTunes backups:
Step 1. Scan the backup files
Step 2. Preview and select items from the backup files
Step 3. Perform iTunes Data Recovery for Mac
Tip. If your iTunes backup is encrypted, you need to unlock iTunes backup before data recovery.
4. iPhone Data Recovery for Mac – Recover deleted files from iPhone 4S device without backup
Mac iPhone 4S Data Recovery is also 3rd party software, it enables you recover lost/deleted data
from iPhone device without backup. Obviously, this one is the most robust.
Condition: All you need is a working iPhone.
Goodness: No iTunes or iCloud backup needed.
How to recover iPhone 4S on Mac OS without backup:
1. Connect your iPhone 4S to Mac. (Note: If you are using iPhone 4 and below, need to enter iPhone DFU mode first)
2. Scan your iPhone ans preview lost files.
3. Select and recover them.