I. I Lost iPhone Contatcs/Photos/Memos/Notes/Text Messages!
When search these issues on Google, you would get hundreds of results that are exactly the same thing you met. Why? That is iPhone! We may lost data on iPhone anytime anywhere, such as:
1. iTunes easily overwrite the backup when synced iPhone to iTune on your Mac.
2. Updated to iOS 6 and lost everything.
3. Photos cannot be saved and lost because of storage is full.
4. Lost iPhone files while resotring iPhone.
5. iPhone contacts just gone after jailbreak.
And more. So now you will understand why people love and hate iPhone. But never be miserable, here we are talking about a specified way of iPhone data recovery, either if you don’t have iPhone backup, or your iPhone hardware was badly damaged, it is really possible to recover all deleted iPhone data for any situation you may have.
II. How to extract iPhone from iTunes Backup on Mac OS X
If you are luckily enough have backed up your iPhone with iTunes, now you can easily restore iPhone from iTunes.
1. Plug in the iPhone to your computer.
2. In iTunes, right-click your iPhone account and select “Restore from Backup”.
If you don’t have backup files or backup is too old to use, try iTunes Data Recovery for Mac to extract lost iPhone files from iTunes backup on Mac OS.
1. Download and install iTunes Data Recovery for Mac
2. Load your iPhone backup files
Default location: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
3. Preview your classified backup files, including Contacts, Call history, Notes, SMS, Photos, etc.
4. Select files and saved them on your Mac.
III. How to recover lost/deleted files from iPhone devices on Mac
A third-party iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is recommended. This software fully supports iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod, etc. And it also works well with MacBook, iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, etc.
1. Download and install Mac iPhone Data Recovery for Mac.
2. Select Mode: Recover Data from iOS Devices. (Note: If you are using iPhone 4 and 3GS, you need to enter DFU mode before data recovery.)
3. Preview deleted iPhone files and recover them.